I. Why Migrate to the cloud?
II. Phase of Cloud Migration
- Assess – Define Business Outcome
- Proof of Concept
- Move Data
- Move application and Configuration
- Declare Success
III. Assessment Phase
IV. POC/Pilot Phase
- Identify non-critical applications
- Ensure a roll back plan
- Test the application after moving to Cloud – Functional/Performance tests
- Understand the cloud equivalents
Data Migration Checklist
1. How large is your database?
2. How many schemas and tables do you have?
3. How many tables do you have over 200GB or 200 million rows
4. What do the transaction boundaries look like?
5. Are there engine-specific data types that won’t be migrated?
6. Do you have LOBs in your table. how large are they?
7. Do all your tables with LOBs have primary Keys?
8. How busy is your source database?
9. What kind of users/roles/permissions do you have on the source database?
10. When was the last time you compacted your database?
11. How can your database be accessed?
12. Do you know what VPC/SG you want to use in AWS?
13. Do you have enough bandwidth to move all your data?
14. Can you afford downtime? If yes, How much?
15. Do you need source database to stay alive after the migration?
16. What is your contingency plan if things go wrong?
V. Application Migration
1. Do you have any network restrictions?
2. Do you need to connect to on-premise in future also?
3. Do you have any BYO License issues?
4. Do you access the hardware requirements?
5. Do you listed the IP tables/firewalls which are already in-place?
6. Do you have the backup of application available if things goes wrong?
7. How much downtime u can accept?
Why CMS IT for Cloud Migration?
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.Microsoft builds robust IT offerings to enable users to develop and share ideas, find solutions, and stay connected to what’s most important. They are motivated and inspired that 95 percent of the enterprise workforce in India uses Microsoft platforms to create, contribute, and innovate.
CMS IT SERVICES is a CSP for Microsoft in many key markets and is redefining strategic imperatives for business through these relations. CMS IT SERVICES having Microsoft as alliance, help customers achieve optimized levels of business performance, through assessment, advisory services, and application integration plus migration services. CMS IT SERVICES collaborate with Microsoft to deliver distinctive capabilities, offering clients high performance Infrastructure solutions regardless of their business challenges.
Google Cloud Platform
As a leading IT services provider we focus on AI-led Managed Services and Digital Transformation. We are committed to help you change the way you organize your IT operations, bring meaningful and actionable insights to your service improvements through advanced ML. We want to enhance experience of your users and reduce your resource utilization. For delivering these services, we have partnered with GAVS’ AIOps platform, Zero Incident Framework TM (ZIF). It enables proactive detection and remediation of incidents and increases uptime, helping organizations drive towards a Zero Incident Enterprise. It is can be an on-premise or a SaaS solution based on the usecase. It enables IT to deliver high performing systems with end to end visibility that helps manage and optimize resources and assets, and drives value for businesses. The platform also prevents data disasters and enhances business services continuity.
Want to Migrate your Infrastructure and application to Cloud?
We’re here to help.